Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Blog Hiatus

My first blog entry was January 15, 2010, This was early in my retirement. Since that time I’ve written 67 blog entries. I knew that one of the activities I wanted to pursue was writing. I floundered around for several months, but couldn’t  settle on a writing project. The blog idea came in a flash. The blog would allow me to explore a variety of subjects and have a readership, which would force me to write better. I’ve tried to make each blog entry into a somewhat polished piece of writing. I committed myself to writing the blog for one year. At the end of the year I would re-evaluate what I wanted to pursue for the next year.

The year is up and I’ve again been having trouble deciding what to work on. In the past year, I have established a discipline that gets the writing job done. Now it’s just a matter of deciding what to focus on. I wrote a novel in the ‘80s that is autobiographical. Even though I have re-written it several times, I’m still not happy with the final product. I’ve been working on several of the chapters lately and to my surprise, I’m getting into it. I thought I would be able to work on the novel and still do the blog, but that’s not happening for me. I am immersed in the novel and don’t want to think about other writing projects. So for now, I am taking a break from the blog. I’m not sure when I’ll return.

I don’t know what happens to abandoned blogs. I assume  they continue to float around in cyberspace. If you have been a regular reader, thank you. If you want to contact me, my email address is yeagermin@cox.net.

As Texas Bruce used to say: Hasta la vista vaqueros,  I’ll be seeing you wranglers.

1 comment:

  1. you will be missed...but oh boy...can't wait for the book signing!!

    ReplyDelete